Ashok is author of books on marketing analytics and digital marketing, creator of the Destiny market simulator and developer of various tools and solutions for practitioners, including MarketingMind, an eGuide for consumer analysts and marketing professionals.
A marketing veteran, he has over 25 years of industry experience in general management, corporate planning, business development, market research and marketing. Prior to joining the NUS Business School where he taught courses such as marketing analytics and digital marketing, Ashok worked with Nielsen and Unilever. At Nielsen, he assumed a number of roles including Managing Director for Singapore, and Regional Area Client Director — Asia Pacific.
Ashok is an engineering graduate from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, and a post-graduate in business management from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta, PGDM – 1984-86, with specialization in marketing and computer Science.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai, MTech, Computer Science – 1982-84.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi BTech, Mechanical Engineering – 1976-81.
- The Marketing Analytics Practitioner's Guide, Volumes I to IV, September 2023
- Marketing Analytics: A Practitioner's Guide To Marketing Analytics And Research Methods, July 2015