Vishnuprasad Nagadevara is a management professor with current research interests in Business Analytics, specifically, Data Mining techniques and applications, Application of Operations Research Techniques, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Project Evaluation and Information Technology Applications.
A graduate from Agriculture College, Bapatla, he did his Post Graduation at GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology and obtained his Doctorate from Iowa State University, USA, in Economics and Operations Research. He also worked at Iowa State University. He worked as a professor of Quantitative Methods and Information Systems at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore till his superannuation in 2013. He continued as an adjunct faculty at IIMB till Sep 2014. He was the Dean and Professor of Operations Management at the Woxsen School of Business at Hyderabad between Sep 2014 and Aug 2016.
Dr. Nagadevara has carried out many research and consultancy projects for various organizations such as UNDP, WIPRO, POWERGRID, ETA (UAE), WiseScope (UAE) NABARD, Government of India, Central Silk Board, Government of Karnataka, Karnataka Housing Board, NCDC, Fidelity, PSC, etc.
He was also the Dean of IIM Bangalore from 1997 to 2000.
Dr. Nagadevara has published more than 100 research articles in India and abroad on Data Mining, Application of Statistical Methods and Operations Research Techniques. He also participated and presented papers in national and international conferences. He was a Volume Editor for the book “Operations Research Methods for Agricultural Decisions”, published by Iowa State University Press. He also edited a number of academic volumes. He is also co-editor of volumes of readings in Public Private Partnership, Business Clusters and Urban Infrastructure and Governance
He was awarded of the prestigious “PMI India Distinguished Scholar Award” in 2011 for his contributions to the Project Management research, education, training and consultancy.
He was felicitated with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” by the SRISIIM Foundation, New Delhi in April 2013.
He currently teaches at various management institutes such as Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, IIM Bangalore, and other IIMs at Visakhapatnam, Udaipur, Sirmaur and Shillong.
- Business Analytics
- Data Mining Techniques and applications
- Application of Operations Research Techniques
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Evaluation and Information Technology Applications
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Economics and Operations Research, Iowa State University, USA
- Master of Science in Agriculture Economic, GB Pant University, India
- Bachelor of Science, Agricultural College Bapatla, India
- Establishing a link between employee turnover and withdrawal behaviours: application of data mining techniques (2008) Nagadevara Vishnuprasad Srinivasan Vasanthi, Valk Reimara, The School of Management, Curtin University
- Impact of gender in small scale enterprises: a study of women Enterprises in India (2009)
- Nagadevara Vishnuprasad, American Research Institute for Policy Development
- Supply chain management of fruits and vegetables in India (2013), Gourav Sihariya, Vipin B Hatmode, Nagadevara Vishnuprasad, IJOQM
- Development of hybrid classification methodology for mining skewed data sets: A case study of Indian customs data, 2006, Anuj Kumar, Nagadevara Vishnuprasad, IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications.
- Kumar, Anuj and V. Nagadevara. (2006) Development of Hybrid Classification Methodology for Mining Skewed Data Sets – A Case Study of Indian Customs Data, Proceedings of the 4th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications, Mar 8-10, 2006, Sharjah, UAE
- On the Allocative Efficiency under Risk in Transforming Traditional Agriculture Uma K. Srivastava and Vishnuprasad Nagadevara Economic and Political Weekly
Vol. 7, No. 26 (Jun. 24, 1972), pp. A73-A78 (6 pages)
- Project success factors and inter-sectoral differences, 2012, Vishnuprasad Nagadevara International Academy of Business and Ecomomics
- Factors influencing quality of technical education in India: a study of technical institutions in Karnataka,2007, Vishnuprasad Nagadevara, Tara & Nayana S, International Academy of Business and Ecomomics (IABE)
- Building predictive models for election results in India: an application of classification trees and neural networks, 2005, Vishnuprasad Nagadevara, International Academy of Business and Ecomomics
- Identifying supply and demand side factors that influence financial inclusion: an application of Ann's, 2009, Vishnuprasad Nagadevara, Journal of International Business and Economics
- Analytics: a competitive edge for a retail portal, 2012, Vishnuprasad Nagadevara & Lakshmi HariKumar, International Academy of Business and Ecomomics