Dr. Shailesh Kumar is currently the Chief Data Scientist at the Centre of Excellence in AI/ML, Reliance Jio. He has published over 20 international papers and book chapters and holds more than 20 patents in AI/ML. He was recognized as one of the top 10 data scientists in India in 2015 by Analytics India Magazine.
Dr. Shailesh Kumar was formerly the Vice President at Ola Cabs where he worked on several computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence and optimization issues in fleet management. He was also the Chief Scientist and Co- Founder of Third Leap – an EdTech startup that uses AI to create personalized math guides. Prior to this, Dr. Kumar worked at Google on a variety of products at Google involving Information Retrieval, Enterprise Search, Legal E-Discovery, Natural Language Understanding (Phrase Discovery, Word Sense Disambiguation), Computer Vision, Knowledge Graph Mining, Conversation Modelling, and Deep Learning on Text and Vision. His experience of creating AI based solutions ranges comprises multiple domains including finance, remote sensing, retail, knowledge graph, conversational computing and computer vision.
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- Quantum AI
- Computer Vision, Speech and Language Understanding
- Knowledge Graph
- Conversational Computing
- Internet of Things
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computer Engineering, University of Texas, USA
- Masters in Science in Computer Science, University of Texas, USA
- Bachelors in Technology in Computer Science and Engineering, IIT (BHU), India
- Sanchan, D.S., Kumar S, (2015) “Class Vectors: Embedding representation of Document Classes” Arxiv.org.
- Chandrashekhar V, Kumar S, Jawahar C V, (2013) “Compacting Large and Loose Communities”, Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition.
- Chandrashekhar V, Kumar S, Jawahar C V, (2013) “Image Annotation in Presence of Noisy Labels” Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence.
- Chandra S, Kumar S, Jawahar C V, (2013) “Learning Multiple Non-Linear Sub-Spaces using K-RBMs” 2013 26th IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2013), Portland, USA.
- Chandrashekhar V, Kumar S, Jawahar C V, (2012) “Logical Itemset Mining” 2012 IEEE 12th International Conference on Data Mining Workshops, Brussels, Belgium.