Dr. Partha Krishnamurthy is the Larry J. Sachnowitz Professor of Marketing, and Director of the Institute for Health Care Marketing at the C. T. Bauer College of Business in the University of Houston. His primary research interest is consumer behavior and decision making, especially in the context of health decisions. He has published in a variety of peer-reviewed consumer and marketing-focused journals such as Journal of Consumer Research, Marketing Science, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes among others. He also publishes on topics relating to health behavior and outcomes in journals such as PLOS One, Pain Physician, Pain Reports, Journal of Medical Internet Marketing, and eClinicalMedicine. He consults with a variety of organizations including the Food and Drug Administration, Stanford University, and start-ups, primarily focusing on statistical modelling of data and/or customer-focused study design, and occasionally presenting seminars on topics such as decision-making, customer preferences etc.
- Consumer Behavior and Insights
- Medical Decision Making
- Modeling Customer Preferences, Retention/Initiation
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Marketing, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Hui, Sam, Parthasarathy Krishnamurthy, Shiv Kumar, Hareesha B. Siddegowda, and Prachi Patel.(2020) “Understanding the Effectiveness of Peer Educator Outreach on Reducing Sexually Transmitted Infections: The Role of Prevention vs. Early Detection.” Marketing Science 39, no. 3: 500–515.
- Abouleish, Amr E, Sandhya R Vinta, Sarah M Shabot, Nikul V Patel, Erin E Hurwitz, Partha Krishnamurthy, and Michelle Simon(2020). “Improving Agreement of ASA Physical Status Class between Pre-Anesthesia Screening and Day of Surgery by Adding Institutional-Specific and ASA-Approved Examples: A Quality Improvement Project.” Perioperative Medicine 9, no. 1: 1–12.
- Darnall, Beth D, Parthasarathy Krishnamurthy, Jeannette Tsuei, and Jorge D Minor.(2020) “Self-Administered Skills-Based Virtual Reality Intervention for Chronic Pain: Randomized Controlled Pilot Study.” JMIR Formative Research 4, no. 7 : e17293.
- Hah, Jennifer M, Jodie A Trafton, Balasubramanian Narasimhan, Partha Krishnamurthy, Heather Hilmoe, Yasamin Sharifzadeh, James I Huddleston, et al. (2020)“Efficacy of Motivational-Interviewing and Guided Opioid Tapering Support for Patients Undergoing Orthopedic Surgery (MI-Opioid Taper): A Prospective, Assessor-Blind, Randomized Controlled Pilot Trial.” EClinicalMedicine 28 : 100596.
- Thammasitboon, Satid, Moushumi Sur, Joseph J. Rencic, Gurpreet Dhaliwal, Shelley Kumar, Suresh Sundaram, and Parthasarathy Krishnamurthy.(2020) “Psychometric Validation of the Reconstructed Version of the Assessment of Reasoning Tool.” Medical Teacher : 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1080/0142159X.2020.1830960.
- Ziadni, Maisa, Abby L. Chen, Parthasarathy Krishnamurthy, Pamela Flood, Richard L. Stieg, and Beth D. Darnall.(2020) “Patient-Centered Prescription Opioid Tapering in Community Outpatients with Chronic Pain: 2- to 3-Year Follow-up in a Subset of Patients.” PAIN Reports, no. 5: e851. https://doi.org/10.1097/PR9.0000000000000851.
- Ford, Weixing, Demetra Andrews, Anuradha Sivaraman, and Parthasarathy Krishnamurthy. (2020)"Not all missed opportunities cast the same shadow: Voluntary inaction reduces the “sting” of missed sales promotions." Journal of Consumer Behaviour 19, no. 1 : 57-67.
- Darnall, Beth D., Maisa S. Ziadni, Parthasarathy Krishnamurthy, Pamela Flood, Lauren Heathcote, Ian G. Mackey, Chloe Jean Taub, and Amanda Wheeler.(2019) "“My Surgical Success”: Effect of a Digital Behavioral Pain Medicine Intervention on Time to Opioid Cessation After Breast Cancer Surgery—A Pilot Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial." Pain Medicine.
- Chartan, Corey, Hardeep Singh, Parthasarathy Krishnamurthy, Moushumi Sur, Ashley Meyer, Riad Lutfi, Julie Stark, and Satid Thammasitboon.(2019) "Isolating red flags to enhance diagnosis (I-RED): An experimental vignette study." International Journal for Quality in Health Care