Dr. Keshav Gupta serves as an assistant professor in the Department of Sport and Entertainment Management at the University of South Carolina. Gupta received his Ph.D. in business administration from the Fox School of Business at Temple University and his B.Tech in electrical and electronics engineering from Delhi Technological University in New Delhi, India.
Gupta’s research interests lie in the area of consumer behavior and decision making, primarily in the fields of gamification and esports. Specific research topics include consumer’s perception of artificial intelligence (AI), organizational influence on consumer behavior, consumer’s information processing strategies, and consumer’s spending behavior in digital applications. Gupta’s research has been published in business and sport management journals.
Part of Gupta’s sport industry work experience includes being a research assistant at the Sport Industry Research Center (SIRC), where he was an economic and media impact specialist. Gupta has also served as an executive of operations and strategy for Star Sports Pro Kabaddi League and Kabaddi World Cup. In addition to involvement with the sport industry, Gupta has experience working in the IT industry as manager of business development at Megahertz Infortech Pvt. Ltd. and as assistant manager of operations in Housing.com, a tech real estate marketplace.
- Consumer behavior and decision making
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Fox School of Business, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA., USA, (2022)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Delhi Technological University (formerly DCE), New Delhi, India, (2015)
- Gupta, K., Su, Y., Kunkel, T. and Funk, D. (2022), "The super engagers of freemium gamified services: using multimethod approach to examine why highly interactive consumers become paying consumers", Internet Research, Vol. 32 No. 6, pp. 1891-1909. https://doi.org/10.1108/INTR-07-2021-0434
- Bredikhina, N., Gupta, K., & Kunkel, T. (2022). Superboosting the athlete social media brand: events as an opportunity for follower growth. European Sport Management Quarterly, 1-24.
- Lopez, C., Pizzo, A. D., Gupta, K., Kennedy, H., & Funk, D. C. (2021). Corporate growth strategies in an era of digitalization: A network analysis of the National Basketball Association’s 2K League sponsors. Journal of Business Research, 133, 208-217.