Dr. Jain is Sr. Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research. He is also an adjunct faculty member at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. He is a member of the Machine Learning and Optimization and the Algorithms and Data Sciences Group at Microsoft Research, Bangalore, India. His research interests are in machine learning, non- convex optimization, high-dimensional statistics, and optimization algorithms in general. He is also interested in applications of machine learning to privacy, computer vision, text mining and natural language processing. He completed his PhD at the University of Texas at Austin under Prof. Inderjit S. Dhillon.
- Machine Learning
- Non-Convex Optimization
- High- Dimensional Statistics
- Optimization Algorithms
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computer Science, University of Texas, Austin, USA.
- Bachelors in Technology (Computer Science), Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India.
- Prateek Jain, Purushottam Kar (2017). Non-convex Optimization for Machine Learning, Foundations and Trends in Machine Learning, vol. 10.
- Prateek Jain, Ambuj Tewari and Inderjit S. Dhillon, (2017) Partial Hard Thresholding, IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 3029-3038.
- Alekh Agarwal, Animashree Anandkumar, Prateek Jain and Praneeth Netrapalli, (2016) Learning Sparsely Used Overcomplete Dictionaries via Alternating Minimization, SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 2775-2799.
- Praneeth Netrapalli, Prateek Jain and Sujay Sanghavi, (2015) Phase Retrieval Using Alternating Minimization, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (ITSP), vol. 63, no. 18, pp. 4814-4826.
- Sudheendra Vijayanarasimhan, Prateek Jain and Kristen Grauman, (2014) Hashing Hyperplane Queries to Near Points with Applications to Large-Scale Active Learning, IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 276-288.
- K. S. M. Tozammel Hossain, Debprakash Patnaik, Srivatsan Laxman, Prateek Jain, Chris Bailey-Kellogg and Naren Ramakrishnan, (2013) Improved Multiple Sequence Alignments Using Coupled Pattern Mining, IEEE/ACM Trans. Comput. Biology Bioinform., vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 1098-1112.
- Prateek Jain, Brian Kulis, Jason V. Davis and Inderjit S. Dhillon, (2012) Metric and Kernel Learning Using a Linear Transformation, Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 13, pp. 519-547.
- Brian Kulis, Prateek Jain and Kristen Grauman, (2009) Fast Similarity Search for Learned Metrics, IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 2143-2157.
- Prateek Jain, Raghu Meka and Inderjit S. Dhillon, (2008) Simultaneous Unsupervised Learning of Disparate Clusterings, Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 195-210.