Professor Donthu specializes in marketing research, consumer research, brand management, advertising, retailing, digital and social media marketing, and cross-cultural issues. He has more than 125 publications in peer-reviewed academic journals. He has consulted for many national and international companies, presented executive seminars to managers in many countries, and received industry support and academic grants to conduct research. Over the years, Dr. Donthu has received numerous teachings, services, and research awards. He has served on the editorial boards of journals such as the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Research, and Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. He currently serves as the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Business Research.
- Marketing Research and Consumer Research
- Brand Equity and Brand Management
- E-commerce and E-consumer Behavior
- Cross-cultural Issues
- Comparative and Outdoor Advertising
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Texas, Austin, USA
- Master of Science, University of Texas, Austin, USA
- Bachelors of Engineering, Gujrat University, India
- “Implementing Integrated Marketing Science Modeling at a Non-Profit Organization: Balancing Multiple Business Objectives at Georgia Aquarium,” Marketing Science, with Kumar, V., Amalesh Sharma, and Carey Rountree.
- “Investigating How Word of Mouth Conversations About Brands Influence Purchase and Retransmission Intentions,” Journal of Marketing Research, with Baker Andrew and Kumar V.
- “Boosting Demand in Experience Economy,” Harvard Business Review, (Interview) with Kumar, V., Amalesh Sharma, and Carey Rountree.
- “How to Foster and Sustain Engagement in Virtual Communities,” California Management Review, with Porter, Connie.
- “Cultivating Trust and Harvesting Value in Virtual Communities,” Management Science, with Porter, Connie.
- “Marketing’s Credibility: A Longitudinal Investigation of Marketing Communication Productivity (MCP) and Shareholder Value,” Journal of Marketing, with Luo, Xueming.
- “Capturing Geographically Localized Misspecification Error in Retail Choice Models,” Journal of Marketing Research, with Rust, Roland.
- “Estimating Geographic Consumer Densities Using Kernel Density Estimation,” Marketing Science, with Rust, Roland.
- “The Intensity of Ethnic Affiliation: A Study of the Sociology of HispanicConsumption,” Journal of Consumer Research, with Deshpande, Rohit and Hoyer, Wayne.