Dr T. S. Kumbar is currently working as Librarian at IIT Gandhinagar is engaged in setting up a state-of-the-art library service. Prior to this, he has worked as Chief Librarian at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, where he has setup the library services from the very beginning.
He was also with INFLIBNET Centre as Scientist D where he initiated number of new programs including SOUL Software, E-Resources Consortium, Union Catalogues, ETD, DDS, Retrospective Conversion to name a few. Before moving to INFLIBNET, Dr. Kumbar worked as Assistant Librarian at IIT Bombay supervised serials, information services, resource sharing and was involved in automating the library.
Dr. Kumbar holds PhD in Library Science from Gulbarga University for which he was awarded with Gold Medal. He has published more than 30 research papers and edited quite a few volumes in the areas of Library science.
He has taught a course on Technical communication for MSc level at DA-IICT Gandhinagar for three semesters.
He is a recipient of
- Fulbright Fellowship in Library & Information Technology
- American Library Association Fellowship
- Canadian Faculty Research Fellowships
Associated with as
- Member, IATUL Special Interest Group for Metrics and Research Impact (SIG MaRI) 2017
- Member, IATUL Special Interest Group on Research Data Management ( SIG Data) 2017
- Corresponding Member, Standing Committee, Acquisition and Collection Development, IFLA, Netherlands.2017
He has been awarded as ‘Best Young Librarian’ by Satkal Trust and ‘Best Librarian’ by MANLIBNET in recognition of his contributions to the Profession.
He is member of over a dozen national and international professional associations including IFLA, ALA, SLA and NDLTD, and has been actively contributing in their activities and is a member of committees setup by DST, MoE’s E-ShodhSindhu national consortium.
He was also a member of Library Advisory Board/Council of ACM & IEEE, USA.